The Last of The Great James St. Mansions
Mansion on James was built by George and Rebecca Barnes in 1853 and it became a center of civic-minded activity in our community. Today the Mansion is the home of the George & Rebecca Barnes Foundation, which was established as a non-profit historical organization to preserve and maintain The Mansion as a community treasure. Its focus is to educate the public about the history of the building and its owners and its place in Central New York history.
The Barnes Foundation runs The Mansion today, sustained by members, donors and grants.
The home housed The Corinthian Foundation and Corinthian Club, a wildly popular private women’s social club from 1964 to 2008 and was also the original home of LeMoyne College classes, beginning in 1946.