The Last of The Great James St. Mansions
The historic Mansion on James is the last of the great James Street mansions that is now open to the public – for historical tours and events.
It is the home of the George & Rebecca Barnes Foundation, which was established as a non-profit historical organization to preserve and maintain The Mansion as a community treasure. Its focus is to educate the public about the history of The Mansion and its owners.
The historic mansion was built by George and Rebecca Barnes in 1853 and their home became a center of civic-minded activity in our community, which continued throughout the years.
The home housed The Corinthian Foundation and Corinthian Club, a wildly popular private women’s social club from 1964 to 2008 and was also the original home of LeMoyne College classes, beginning in 1946.
Find out more here.